About Griffiths Indexing
I provide back-of-the-book indexing, proofreading and writing services to authors, web developers, publishers, and book packagers. I am conscientious and committed to providing quality projects at reasonable rates and delivered on time.
- Projects delivered on time
- Chicago Manual of Style or publisher's own specifications
- Electronic copy delivery by e-mail
- Accommodate tight schedules
- Undertake projects on short notice
Types of materials:
- guidebooks and travel books
- general audience books
- “how-to” books
- reports and proceedings
- any printed or online material that needs to be written and/or proofread and/or indexed!
About Karen Griffiths
Information Professional with 11 years experience in:
- back-of-the-book indexing
- indexing instructor at Simon Fraser University's Writing and Publishing Program.
- contributing author for Indexing Specialties: Cookbooks. Information Today, Inc. 2009
- cumulative indexing
- Guide books
- Psychology/Self Help
- Parenting/Child Care/Child Development
- Disabilities/Special Needs
- CINDEX (dedicated indexing software)
- Microsoft Word
- Internet Research
- University of Victoria Bachelor of Social Work, 4th year in progress
- University of British Columbia Continuing Studies, Motivational Interviewing, 2012
- Simon Fraser University Instructional Skills Workshop, 2010
- Seth Earley & Associates Taxonomy and Metadata Series, 2007
- Simon Fraser University Basic Proofreading, 2006
- Broccoli Information Management Website Indexing Course, 2005
- Sherry Smith Indexing Services Advanced Indexing Workshop, 2002
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Basic Indexing Course, 2001
- Simon Fraser University The Art of Indexing, 2001
- Kwantlen University College Courses in Psychology, Biology, Cell Biology, Physics and Chemistry, 1992-1994
Indexing and Abstracting Society of Canada/Société canadienne pour l'analyse de documents (IASC/SCAD)
Indexing-related information for indexers and publishers.
American Society of Indexers (ASI)
Contains information about indexing as a career, indexing training, software, fees, online and print reference tools, and links to other indexing-related sites.